Kentucky Derby Party Recipes
Fun Fact: Bourbon is the only spirit that's strictly produced in the United States. Its origins reach back almost as far as the founding of the nation. While it can be made anywhere in the US, Kentucky takes the cake (or barrel) for bourbon production. As Derby Day draws near, bourbon is in high demand. Besides its presence in the traditional mint julep, it also makes for a unique ingredient in cooking. Here are two great recipes that call for bourbon: boozy meatballs and bourbon balls.
What you need:
Bourbon Balls Recipe
- 1 package (12 oz.) vanilla wafers, finely crushed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar, plus more for coating
- 2 Tbsp cocoa
- 2 1/2 Tbsp light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Mix vanilla wafers, pecans, powdered sugar and cocoa in a bowl.
- Stir corn syrup and bourbon together. Add bourbon mixture to wafer mixture and stir until combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls and then roll in additional powdered sugar.
- Store in airtight container until ready to place in favor boxes for your guests!
Boozy Meatballs Recipe
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound frozen meatballs
- Combine all ingredients except meatballs in a sauce pan and mix until well combined.
- Add meatballs to sauce and stir. Cook over medium heat until it begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for an hour or more.
- Serve in our large cooking pots for the perfect display!
Much Party Love, Smarties!
1. 3 Tiered Pillar Cake Stand 2. Red Pop-Up Mini Gift Boxes, Black Pop-Up Medium Gift Boxes 3. Large Cooking Pots with Lids 4. Baroque Plastic Dinner Spoons 5. Red Satin Rosette Table Runner 6. 3.5 in Bamboo Mini Cocktail Forks
Styling: Ashley Dolan