Crab and Pepper Jack Tostaditos
So you've prepared for the spookiest party of the year with festive Halloween decorations, creative Halloween costumes, and all the carved pumpkins you can imagine. When it comes to chowing down on October 31, though, everyone knows there's nothing more essential to a great Halloween party than tasty appetizers and finger foods. Therefore, add some spice to the month of Halloween with these little cute appetizer scoops, serve them on Smarty's fabulous disposable Plasticware, and there will be no stopping once the guests start popping!
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions (4 medium)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped poblano chile
- 1 package (8 oz) salad-style imitation crabmeat, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper Jack cheese (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup Old El Paso® Thick ‘n Chunky salsa
- 1/2 bag (10-oz size) bowl-shaped white corn tortilla chips (54 chips)
- 1/3 cup crumbled cotija or feta cheese (about 1 1/2 oz)
- 1/2 ripe medium avocado, pitted, peeled and cut into 54 small slices
Step 1: Heat oven to 375°F. In a 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, onions, and chile; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until soft. Remove from skillet; place in a medium bowl. Stir in imitation crabmeat, pepper Jack cheese, and salsa until well mixed.
Step 2: Place tortilla chips, hollow side up, on an ungreased large cookie sheet. Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon crabmeat mixture into each chip. Top each evenly with cotija cheese.
Step 3: Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until pepper Jack cheese in crabmeat mixture is melted. Place on serving plate; garnish each with an avocado slice.