Chocolate Caramel Cake Recipe
The chocolate caramel cake recipe is the best dessert for all occasions. It is rich, delicious, and perfect for chocolate lovers. This cake is made with chocolate chips, sugar, and butter. The caramel icing adds extra flavor to this delightful cake. You will love it!
Ingredients You'll Need to Make the Chocolate Caramel Cake
For the chocolate caramel cake:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter softened (or ghee)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water for an egg wash on top of the cake before it goes into the oven. This helps give a nice golden color to the finished product without having to use any coloring agents like food dye or anything else. The egg is also what helps give this dessert its name!
- If you want to avoid making your own frosting from scratch, you can buy a jar of caramel topping at the store instead and just add in some heavy cream to thin it out enough so that it spreads nicely over your cake instead.* In addition to being delicious on its own as well as being great as part of other desserts like ice cream sundaes or even just regular old vanilla ice cream cones (it's pretty hard not to enjoy something edible!), chocolate caramel frosting can also be used as an ingredient in other recipes such as brownies or even cookies!
How to Make the Chocolate Caramel Cake?
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Whisk together the eggs, oil, and vanilla extract in another bowl until well blended.
- Pour half of this mixture into your dry ingredients and mix until just combined (the batter will be very thick). Add remaining wet ingredients and mix until just combined (the batter will still be very thick).
- Pour into the prepared pan; it will be about two inches high in the middle but should settle down as it bakes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack before removing from the pan to finish cooling ultimately.
- Serve with ice cream for an extra-special treat!
Tips and Tricks for Recipe Success
- Make sure you have all the ingredients and equipment you need before starting.
- Make sure your oven is at the correct temperature.
- Make sure you have the correct size pan for the recipe.
- Check that your oven racks are in their proper positions, level, and at least 2 inches apart from each other.
Preparation Time is 30 minutes
Bake time is 45-50 minutes.
Cooling time is also essential because it allows the cake to set. This means that when you cut into your chocolate caramel cake, you won't end up with a pile of crumbs on your plate! Additionally, once the layers cool and hardened in the fridge, they'll be much easier to handle and serve than if they were still warm.
- Serving size: 1 slice (1/12 of a 9-inch cake)
- Calories: 310 calories
- Fat: 15 g (3.5 g sat fat)
- Carbohydrates: 42 g (2 g fiber)
- Protein: 7 g
How to Decorate Chocolate Caramel Cake?
Here are some ideas for decorating your chocolate caramel cake:
- Edible flowers - rose petals, lavender, or any other edible flower you like. You can also use these to garnish the cake.
- Edible glitter - dust it on top of the cake before serving, or sprinkle it on after frosting to give it an extra flair.
- Edible gold leaf - if you're going all out with this special occasion dessert, consider putting real gold leaf on top for that extra touch of luxury! You can find edible gold leaf at most craft stores and online retailers like Amazon or eBay.
- Edible pearls - another way to add a little sparkle to your dessert is by sprinkling on some edible pearls. These come in different sizes and colors, so there's sure to be one that suits your fancy!
Assembling the Chocolate Caramel Cake
Level the cake layers and split each cake in half horizontally, making four layers.
Place a chocolate-flavored layer on a plastic cake plate, and spread about 1/4 cup of caramel sauce over it using an offset spatula or knife. Repeat with another layer of chocolate cake, spreading another 1/4 cup caramel over it; continue assembling until all four layers have been stacked and covered with caramel sauce.
Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to come together and set up slightly - you can store your Chocolate Caramel Cake in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days! Or refrigerate it for up to 5 days; bring it back to room temperature before serving if desired.
Decorate however you'd like - we used fresh whipped cream frosting because we had some leftovers! The possibilities are endless, so make this dessert your own by adding decorations like sprinkles or colorful fruit slices!
How to Store Chocolate Caramel Cake
Chocolate Caramel Cake can be stored in the fridge, but only if you want to reduce your baking time. When you store it in the refrigerator, it will need to sit at room temperature for about an hour before slicing and serving it. To make sure your cake stays as fresh as possible, store it in an airtight container or wrap it tightly with plastic wrap. Chocolate Caramel Cake will keep well at room temperature for up to a week when stored properly.
If you don't have any plans for immediate consumption, freeze Chocolate Caramel Cake for up to three months—just make sure that you take it out of the freezer 30 minutes before serving so that it defrosts enough to slice easily!
Why You'll Love This Recipe?
This recipe is a winner for any occasion. It's easy to make, and your family and friends will cheer for more! You can store it in the fridge until you are ready to serve it, or if you want to get creative with the presentation, use a Bundt pan and frosting between each layer of cake. The possibilities are endless! It's also a crowd-pleaser!
This is a great recipe to try. It's super easy and will make your family and friends very happy. I'm sure you'll find yourself making this again and again!