Memorial Day is celebrated to honor and remember the national heroes who have fought heroically and sacrificed their lives to defend our land and independence. Memorial Day weekend is also the unofficial start of summer that calls for backyard barbecues, pool hangs, and of course, refreshing drinks. It is one of the most festive holidays where you can show patriotism in full swing and be grateful for the ultimate sacrifice of those who died for our country. So if you are looking for some exciting and enlivening ways that will furthermore enrich your surroundings with festive flair and delightfully satisfy your guests, we have got a simple yet highly patriotic, lip-smacking Memorial Day lemonade recipe. Our delicious patriotic lemonade recipe, which just screams summertime, will give your party a delightful red, white, and blue touch and make this Memorial Day holiday sweeter than ever.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup water for syrup
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 4½ cup water
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 5 strawberries, cut into wedges
- 1 cup blueberries, cut ¼ of them in half
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Ice for serving
- Combine sugar and ½ cup of water into a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and let the sugar dissolve. Let the simple syrup cool to room temperature.
- Add remaining water to a glass pitcher.
- Add lemon juice, simple syrup, lemon slices, strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries. Mix well.
- Serve in our beautiful iced tea tumblers, cups, or pitchers with ice.
- Decorate with straws that resemble the American flag.