The time to praise and honor all those brave soldiers who lost their lives serving our country has just arrived. Yes, it's Memorial Day, and we all need to gear up with our celebratory mood to celebrate this patriotic day with some delicious desserts.
As you are arranging your holiday weekend, we have a little something that will undoubtedly make your celebration a little sweeter than ever before: festive and delicious Memorial Day Cherry Berry Sponge Cake Recipe. Food and sweet treats are a major part of Memorial Day celebrations that can also be used to take your holiday decor up a notch. And this tasty and unbelievably easy cake recipe will make the yummiest addition to your Memorial Day menu. Whether you are planning a big cookout or picnic for a large group or a family barbecue, this red, white, and blue cake recipe is a wonderful way to bring people together at your Memorial Day gatherings and celebrations. This Memorial Day cake idea is surely patriotic, but it is also delicious, summery, and highly impressive. And if you want to make your cake the star of your Memorial Day get-together and put everyone in a patriotic spirit, creativity display it on our White Round Plastic Cake Stands.
For the Cake:
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup fresh strawberries sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/2 cup blackberries
- 1-1/3 cups heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 - 1-1/2 cups fresh whole strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries
- herb flowers
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray three 6-inch round cake pans (or two 8 inch pans) with baking spray and line bottoms with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the eggs, sugar, and vanilla until it has tripled in volume - about 10 minutes. The mixture should be thick, creamy, and pale. Add the lemon zest.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a separate bowl. Stir into a stand mixer using a plastic spoon, preferably in batches.
- Add the melted butter and gently fold it into the cake batter mix.
- Divide the batter evenly between the pans and gently smooth the tops. Tap the cake pans on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven for 21-25 minutes or until the sponges are evenly golden and come away from the sides of the baking pans.
- Allow the cakes to cool in their pans for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, turn them onto the wire rack carefully and allow the cakes to cool completely.
- Make the whipped cream. In a small pan, combine gelatin and cold water and allow to sit for 5 minutes until thick. Place over low heat, stirring constantly, just until the gelatin dissolves.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly (but do not let it set).
- Using a stand mixer, whip the heavy cream with the icing sugar until soft peaks form.
- While slowly beating, add the gelatin to the whipping cream. Whip at high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Place your first layer of cake on top of a serving plate or cake stand.
- Spoon a generous layer of whipped cream and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Place an even layer of sliced strawberries and berries on top of the whipped cream.
- Add the second layer of cake and repeat until all of the layers are on the cake.
- For the top layer, spread on with a generous layer of whipped cream and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
- Garnish with fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and herb flowers.
Complementary Smarty Disposable Party Plasticware:Disposable Paper Charger Plates
Disposable Plastic Drinkware
Beautiful Coffee Mugs
Stylish Plastic Champagne Flutes
Disposable Party Dinnerware Sets
Disposable Wine Glasses
Disposable Flatware Sets