The holiday season has started, which means time to gear up and prepare ourselves for the upcoming festivities that is finally here. Winter excites us not just with its beautiful landscapes but also with the plenty of festivities that come along with it. With Christmas and New Year Eve’s parties, there is so much that we all look up to in this season of festivities. It’s a time when we have those lovely family gatherings and think of ingenious ways to throw amazing winter-themed parties and to create stunning tablescapes to enjoy the perks of this wonderful festive holiday season. To get into the celebratory mood, arrange a fabulous Holiday Cookie Exchange Party that will present an emblem of festivity and bring jollity and merriment.
Inspiration for a festive holiday cookie exchange party from Smarty Had A Party
Amid all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, from shopping for gifts to decorating the tree, you totally deserve a cookie break. A Holiday Cookie Exchange Party is a great excuse for getting together with friends and neighbors during the holidays. Everyone bakes up their favorite wintertime treat and shares their stories and recipes with one another. One of my favorite things about holiday cookies is the variety of different recipes and types of delicious treats! I had a neighbor who delivered an assortment of her favorite cookies every holiday season, and they weren't just your average chocolate chip cookies. She made everything from Italian waffle cookies and homemade fudge to gingerbread molasses cookies, peppermint bark, and more. I'm no Betty Crocker like she was, but I can handle bringing a few dozen of one kind of cookie. What's so fun about a holiday cookie exchange party is that each guest brings their favorite cookies to share and leaves with a take-home box of a few of everything. Our Smarty Party
Planners came up with some great tips on how to throw this party yourself!
Holiday Cookie Exchange Ideas:
- Invite your guests. Your cookie exchange could be a small gathering of close friends, an all-girls night, a neighborhood party, or a family get-together. If you know any serious bakers, you definitely want to include them! Let your guests know how many cookies they should bring so you have enough for each guest to take home with them.
- Provide take-home boxes for your guests to collect their cookies. Smarty Tip: You can decorate your take-home boxes with your guests as a party activity!
- Set up a festive table and backdrop for all the cookies. Decor can be as simple or as detailed as you like. From simple craft paper with snowflake cutouts (like we did) to more elaborate displays - the sky is the limit.
- Provide drinks for our guests. All that cookie sampling will make you thirsty! I like serving milk because it's a classic cookie combo. Coffee and hot chocolate are other great pairings.
- Pre-heat your oven and get your mixers ready. Your cookie swap is on!
Smarty Had a Party has a variety of elegant, disposable products to make your Holiday Cookie Exchange fun, stylish, and a breeze to pull off.
Step 1: Fill Smarty's cute mini carafes with milk and serve with straws and donuts at your holiday cookie exchange party! Nothing beats cookie and milk :)
Step 2: Wrap cookies up in favor bags and tie with ribbon for a holiday cookie exchange party!
Step 3: Showcase your holiday cookies on a cake stand for a beautiful display.
Glue ribbon around the tops of birch forks
and stick forks
in fudge for easy grab and oh so cute dessert bite at a holiday party!
Step 5: Prepare decorated cookie boxes for guests to use when taking home a sampling of delicious holiday treats.
After the cookie exchange, your guests will have a fair share of cookies for themselves or delicious gifts for their own family and friends. And you’ll likely have great new photos to use in your annual Christmas card. Just don’t forget to make a box (or two) of cookies for yourself before the exchange is over.
As you can see, there is so much you can do with holiday decor to spruce up your winter party. It just takes a little creativity and the right tableware
to set up the most festive, whimsical, and magical ambiance.
Grab the Last Chace To Shop For The Holidays and use our COUPON CODE: HOLIDAY20 and get 20% OFF SITEWIDE!