3. Holding the napkin taut at one end, roll the napkin up along the length of the fold.
4. Place napkin in cup (Pick one out from Smarty's wonderful selection of Elegant Plastic Drinkware! I used Smarty's Square White Plastic Coffee Mug) and separate/ loosen the folds of the napkin as desired to create a rose-like appearance.
The Layered Heart Napkin Fold (best used with a polyester dinner napkin)
(Smarty products featured in the tablesetting photo above: 9.5" Square Red Plastic Dinner Plates, 8" Square White Plastic Plastic Plates, 10.75" Square White Plastic Dinner Plates, White Table Runner w Red Damask Flocking, Red Linen Polyester Cloth Dinner Napkins) 1. Position the napkin with one corner facing you and fold two opposite corners of the napkin in so that they meet in the middle of the napkin. 2. Beginning with one side, fold the napkin like a fan along the length of the napkin in approximately 1 ½ - 2 inch sections to the midpoint of the napkin.
3. Repeat with second side.
4. Fold the two halves of the napkin together with the folds facing outward.
5. Flatten the napkin along the long edge. 6. Fold each end of the napkin in toward the midpoint of the napkin. 7. Place napkin along its side, fluffing gently outward to create the appearance of a heart. Place the heart folded napkin on one of Smarty's Plastic Dinner Plates or use the sharp modern look of the square plates featured in these photos: 9.5" Square Red Plastic Dinner Plates, 8" Square White Plastic Plastic Plates, 10.75" Square White Plastic Dinner Plates) disposable cocktail beverage napkin)
1. Lay down an unfolded napkin; spread out flat on the table 2. Fold the napkin in half lengthwise. 3. Fold in half lengthwise again.
4. Fold one end of the napkin at a 45 degree angle to the midpoint. 5. Fold the other end of the napkin at a 45 degree angle to meet the other folded portion.
6. Fold each half of the napkin inward at a 30 degree angle to create a triangle in the middle of the napkin. 7. Fold the outer portions at a 45 degree angle to meet the edges of the triangle created in step 5, creating the points at the top of the heart.
If you were thrilled with this blog post then make sure to check out the rest of our Valentine's Day blog post series and complete Smarty's entire romantic tablesetting look: