7 Trendy Napkin Foldings for Fall Entertaining
Fall is here, and you must plan to throw a party at your place. So, naturally, your table is the central part of any event, and your table decoration cannot do without nicely arranged napkins.
Table napkins provide the very basic purpose of wiping food and liquids from the mouth, wiping up any accidental spills, as well protecting clothing while eating. In addition, it enhances the table's design, adds color, and makes it more visually appealing.
Napkins not only add color to the table but also highlight the event's theme. For example, if you are arranging a fall party, your table napkin must be folded into a flower or pumpkin to show your guests that you are ready for fall.
Napkin folding is specially taken into consideration when you are planning a luxurious celebration. A well-placed and well-folded napkin captures the attention of your guests.
For a perfect shape and much sharper look, you should use disposable paper napkins. Paper napkins will also save you time and effort as you won't have to wash them after the party.
There are many techniques for folding table napkins that are both functional and stylish and add a layer of sophistication to your table decor. We have compiled some of the best napkin-folding ideas for your next fall party, which will wow your guests.
1. Napkin Folded In the Shape of a Leaf
Our very first design, which gives an autumnal vibe to your table, is the napkin folded in the form of leaves. For this decoration, we recommend using mustard, yellow, or brick-colored napkins. They will give the appearance of autumn leaves that have just fallen from the trees.
Get yourself some napkins and ribbons for this fall leaf napkin fold.
- For leaf-shaped napkins, make sure that you have a square napkin.
- The next step is to fold it in half diagonally.
- Along the long side of the triangle, fold the material in half.
- Turn the napkin over and make another fold, just like the first one.
- Keep folding it by flipping it over until you reach the end, and it looks like an accordion.
- The napkin should be pinched in the middle and folded on each side.
- Press the center of the leaf folds together and tie it with a ribbon if the leaf isn't staying in place.
- To enhance its look, attach a place card to the base of the napkin fold.
Fruits have always been associated with fall, so a banana-shaped napkin is best for fall table decor.
- Lay the napkin in front of you.
- Fold the napkin in half diagonally, creating a triangle.
- Fold the right and left tips to meet the top corner forming a diamond shape.
- Fold the bottom of the napkin at about 2/3 of the width.
- Fold a smaller triangle about one inch down.
- Roll the left and right sides of the napkin and tuck them into the other.
- Place the folded fancy paper napkins on the plates and arrange them as a peeled banana.
3. Maple Leaf
Our next design of napkin folding is the maple leaf which perfectly fits into your fall decor. You need some fancy paper napkins and a ring.
- Fold the napkin in half with its open end facing away from you.
- Now, fold its top right corner down to the middle and repeat the same with the top left corner.
- Flip the napkin over and bring together the tip of the triangle and the bottom edge.
- Fold the bottom right corner and bottom left corner approximately halfway up.
- Rotate the napkin 90 degrees to make an accordion fold.
- This step might be tough so just be sure to keep all the layers together.
- Fix the napkin ring on it and adjust the leaf to your liking.
- Decorate it on your plates to make your fall table setting stand out.
Lotus, a symbol of fall, of course, will add strength to your dinner table and will tell the onlookers that fall is here!
- Lay the napkin on a table.
- Fold all four corners in such a way that they meet at the center of the napkin.
- Again, fold all four corners to meet at the center.
- While holding the folded corners, reach underneath each corner and pull out the corners to create petals.
- Place the folded paper dinner napkins on the plastic dinner plates.
5. Fan Napkin
Now, with our disposable paper napkins, we will make our next fall napkin design: a standing fan. For fan napkins, make sure you choose mustard, green, red, orange, or yellow colored disposable paper napkins, as these colors symbolize fall.
- First, you have to fold your napkin in half.
- Start at the bottom end and fold it about one inch.
- Keep folding it the opposite way up and down like an accordion and create pleats.
- Keep creating lovely pleats until you reach the border.
- Fold it backward and pinch it up.
- Fold the center and fold back the center.
- Give it a nice pinch, gently unfold the napkin to form a semicircular fan, and make minor adjustments.
- Your disposable fan napkin is ready.
- Place it on the dish and amaze everyone at the party.
6. Candle Shape
Candles set the mood for a lovely fall evening as it provides deep colors and fabulous fragrances. This fall, incorporate some candle-shaped napkins into your fall decor and amaze your guests.
- Fold the napkin in half diagonally, creating a triangle.
- Fold the bottom up about one inch wide.
- Turn the napkin over and place it vertically.
- Starting at either end, tightly roll the napkin into a cylinder.
- Tuck the end of the roll into the base on the back side and stand it.
- Place the folded napkin on the dinner plate.
7. Rose Shaped Napkin
The more flowers we add to our table decor, the more it will scream the arrival of fall. A rose napkin folding is the best shape for getting ready for a fall party.
- Start out with a square paper napkin.
- Fold it into a triangle.
- Start rolling it upwards at the bottom.
- Leave a triangle of about four to five inches and start rolling it from the right edge towards the left side.
- Keep rolling it until you get about four inches long tail behind.
- Tuck the tail into the fold with your fingers or knife.
- Flip the napkin and pull the two tails around to the front, creating the rose petals.
- Your rose napkin is all set to be decorated on the plates.