Pesto Pizza with Feta and Caramelized Onions
Who doesn't love pizza? And if you are one of those people who doesn't love it, there's always a way to mix things up so that it's perfect for you. Cheese-less, Sauce-less, you name it. This recipe is a twist on the classic sauce and cheese combo (not that there's anything wrong with going traditional!) Creamy pesto and rich feta, topped with sweet caramelized onions and other veggies.
2 1/4 teaspoon yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon basil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons minced garlic
2 tablespoons pesto (or sundried tomato pesto)
1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
Sliced Roma tomatoes or grape tomatoes, halved
1. Dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water.
2. Stir in flour, oil, and spices.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest in a warm place for approximately 30 minutes.
4. Spread dough in pizza pan and top with pesto mixture and bake at 425 for about 5 minutes.
5. Add toppings and bake for another 8-10 minutes.