Tropical Tequila Sunrise Popsicles
Popsicles? Nice. Cocktails? Nice. Poptails? Niiiice! Turn your favorite cocktails into refreshing "popsicles" next time summer has you in its grip! Whether you're hosting a party and looking for a unique idea to serve drinks, or have a problem with people judging you for drinking at noon, all you have to do is turn said beverage into an icy, fun popsicle. We used our mini cups as molds with Leafware mini spoons for the sticks. The cups fit in a tray for easy freezing! Making tequila sunrise popsicles is simple and you can make them kid-friendly, too! Just leave out the tequila and they're just as yummy!
What you need (makes 10 pops):
- Mix pineapple juice with tequila in a pitcher.
- Split the mixture into 10 cups, each filled 3/4 of the way.
- Add 1 teaspoon of grenadine to each cup and let it sink to the bottom. Smarty tip: Be sure to add grenadine after the pineapple/tequila mixture, otherwise it won't sink to the bottom.
- Slice limes into 1/4 inch thick wheels.
- Cut a slit in the middle of each lime wheel for the spoon to fit through. Slide spoon through lime.
- Place lime wheel with the spoon ends down, into the cut. It should fit snugly inside the top of the cup.
- Place popsicles in the freezer overnight!
- Serve on the Metallic Fuchsia Pink Charger Plate and enjoy it!
Complementary Smarty Products:
So adults, kick back and enjoy. And yes, you could make Tropical Tequila Sunrise Popsicles by leaving out the tequila in the layers. But don't the kids have enough options already?