Iced Lemons with Raspberries and Mint
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 7 hours 28 minutes
Servings: 8 servings
1/2 cup water
4 mint leaves
1,1/2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups raspberries
1. Slice tops off of lemons to make toppers. Scoop out insiders of lemons and strain to create 1 cup of juice. Discard pulp and reserve excess juice for future use.
2. Place empty lemon shells and toppers on baking sheet and place in freezer until filling is ready.
3. In small saucepan over low heat, heat water, mint, and sugar to boiling. Boil 2 to 3 minutes, or until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat; strain Set aside to cool. Remove and discard mint leaves.
4. Add lemon juice to cooled syrup mixture. Freeze syrup mixture at least 4 hours, or overnight.
5. When mixture is frozen, place in food processor and process until creamy. Fold in raspberries and freeze at least 3 hours.
6. To assemble dessert, pack lemon-raspberry filling into frozen lemon shells. Place toppers on; return to freezer until ready to serve.