Bird’s Nest Favors
Mini Bird’s Nests
4-bar Flat Cards in Butter from Paper Source Hole
Punch Blue Ribbon Tulle, cut in large squares
Bird Stamp and
Thank You Stamp
Brown and Green Ink
1. Buy mini bird’s nests from Beau-coup (3 sets of 12 for a total of about $35). 4
2. Filled them with 5 baby blue jordan almonds to look like robin’s eggs (I got the Almonds off The Knot wedding shop, with regular shipping they are a total of about $20 for two bags or about 200 almonds).
3. Wrap them in tulle (I bought mine at a fabric store, 3 yards at $1.99/yard).
4. Using blue ribbon, (mine was from Paper Source in “bluebell” for about $4 for 10 yards) tie the tulle together.
5. Cut your 4-bar cards into 4, then stamp them with the green birds and brown thank you. Taken From: Style Me Pretty Blog
6. Punch a hold in the corner, then tie the ribbon through. Voila!
5 Eco-Chic Wedding Ideas
Let earth inspire your big day by adding eco-chic elements to your wedding design. Creating a sustainable wedding is easier than it may seem! Here are five eco-chic wedding ideas to help keep your wedding (and your wallet) green!
- Serve Local Ingredients: By serving locally grown food, you reduce the carbon footprint of a big event and also ensure a fresh menu with seasonal ingredients. Green menus are increasingly popular because they taste better and also help you support your local community. When choosing a caterer, ask about local options for your menu.
- Use Natural Dinnerware: Sustainable dinnerware allows you to create stunning tablescapes that are both contemporary and biodegradable. Natural dinnerware is made of fallen leaves, bamboo or birch, and is 100 percent compostable and chemical-free. Browse our beautiful selection of natural dinnerware.
- Incorporate Homegrown Flowers: It will make your big day even more special for the bridal party to wear bouquets and boutonnieres made with flowers grown by family and friends. If you don’t have much of a green thumb, contact your local florist for homegrown flowers. Create natural centerpieces with potted plants that can be replanted after the wedding to cut back on or eliminate the use of balloons or confetti.
- Give Green Favors: Succulent favors are great because succulents are low-maintenance plants that complement nearly every decor or setting. Your guests will be able to take a succulent home and plant it as a memory of your special day. Here’s how to make your own succulent wedding favors!
Upcycle Your Linens: Our elegant and affordable table linens are highly durable and can be used beyond your wedding day. Polyester napkins and tablecloths are machine-washable and can be used throughout all your wedding events, including showers, brunches and the rehearsal dinner, as well as for future parties, such as housewarming events, baby showers, anniversary parties and more. If you're especially crafty and have more linens than you need, tablecloths and runners in attractive patterns and textures can be re-purposed into curtains, aprons, or fabric gift wrap.