Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper Cupcakes
Look who is back, our smarties with a sweet tooth! How have you been? Guess who is here with a yummy recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth? Me!
Trust me; this recipe is a treat for you and your guests! After all, the Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper Cupcakes are suitable to serve at any of your events. Be it a formal event or a casual event! Here are the ingredients you need for the cupcakes and the frosting. Follow them to a T, and you will enjoy this yummy goodness within about 15 minutes!
Ingredients You Need For The Cupcakes:
- One box of chocolate cake mix
- Half a cup of buttermilk
- One stick of butter (Note that the butter should be softened)
- Two eggs
- One cup of cherry Dr. Pepper
Here's how to bake these delicious fairy cakes:
Directions for the Cupcakes:
- Step one - Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step two- Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Step three - Combine the cake mix, buttermilk, butter, eggs, and Dr. Pepper in a mixer. You need to beat ingredients together for one minute on low, then another minute on high.
- Step four - Pour the prepared cupcake mixture into lined muffin tin (filling each hole 2/3 full)
- Step five - Bake for about 15 minutes.
We serve these yummy cupcakes in jars! We add two yummy and colorful frostings too! It makes you want to bake and dig in fast, right?
So here are the recipes for the two frostings. The first frosting we are going to use is vanilla-flavored.
Ingredients for Vanilla Frosting:
- Two sticks of butter (The butter should be softened)
- Four tablespoons of vanilla-flavored syrup
- Three cups of powdered sugar
Directions to Make Vanilla Frosting:
Step 1 - On medium speed, beat butter and syrup together.
- Step 2 - Switch the rate too low and add the powdered sugar slowly.
- Step 3 - And then continue to beat on for approximately two minutes.
The second frosting for our cupcakes is a cherry frosting!
Ingredients Needed To Make Cherry Frosting:
- Two sticks of butter (softened butter should be used)
- One jar of maraschino cherries
- Three cups of powdered sugar
- Red food coloring
Given below are the instructions to make your cherry-flavored frosting. Jump right into it!
Directions for Whipping up Yummy Cherry Frosting:
- Step one - Combine butter and four tablespoons of cherry juice
- Step two - Beat on low speed, slowly adding powdered sugar.
- Step three - Then beat on high speed for about two minutes
- Step four - Finally, add red food coloring to make the mixture more vibrant if desired.
Now that we have all the necessary elements to assemble these beautiful and yummy cupcakes, why wait any longer? Let's get right into it!
How to Put Together These Delicious Goodies:
- Step one - Remove the cupcakes from the liners and cut them in half. The cut should be made horizontally.
- Step two - Put the bottom of the cupcake in each 8 oz. wide mouth jars
- Step three - Then add a layer of vanilla frosting. You can use a spoon or pipe the frosting to do this.
- Step four - Next, add the cherry frosting on top of the vanilla frosting. The colors look so good together, right?
- Step five - Then place the top of the cupcake in the jars
- Step six - Pipe or spoon one more layer of frosting (cherry or vanilla, depending on which one you like more).
- Step seven - Finally, garnish with a cherry on top.
Why did we add another layer of frosting on top of the cupcake top? Because a cupcake should have frosting on top. Plus, it looks prettier this way. But isn't frosting too sweet? Since we didn't use much sugar to make our frosting, it won't be too sweet. So you can go do the third layer of frosting without any fear!
Who Can Say No To A Chocolate Cupcake With Chocolate Ganache! Not Me!
Here is another one of my favorite cupcake recipes. It has the perfect balance between chocolate and sweet taste! You will need one cup of dark cooking chocolate, one cup of butter or margarine, and one and a half cups of sugar (any type of sugar works). You will also need one cup of AP flour (All-purpose flour), vanilla extract, and four eggs.
First, melt the chocolate and butter together. Next, chop the chocolate into tiny pieces. This helps to soften fast. One minute in the microwave does the trick for me. The time can vary depending on your microwave. You can also use the double-boil method if you don't have a microwave. Then set it aside to cool.
Into a bowl, add the four eggs and sugar and beat well until well combined. This should take about three to four minutes at a medium speed. Then add one teaspoon of vanilla extract and beat for thirty seconds. Then add one cup of flour and beat until all the ingredients have combined. And then, add one more teaspoon of vanilla extract and beat for about thirty seconds. Yes. We use two teaspoons of vanilla essence! Finally, mix in the melted chocolate.
Into the cupcake liners, pour the chocolaty batter until 2/3 full. And pop them into the oven.
At what temperature should you bake these cupcakes? Bake at about 160-165 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
Let's work on the chocolate ganache until the cupcakes bake, shall we? Heat one cup of heavy cream on a stovetop or a microwave. Remember, we don't need the cream to boil! It should take about one minute to heat the cream. If it's too hot, let it cool down a bit. Chop 250 grams of dark chocolate into tiny pieces in the meantime. Then, put the chopped-up pieces of chocolate in a stainless steel bowl or any heatproof bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate (cover the chocolates entirely with the cream). Then mix it after around ten to fifteen minutes. You need the mix to be at room temperature.
Remove the cupcakes from the liners and cut them horizontally. Place the bottom of the cupcake in each 8 oz. wide-mouth jar. Then add a layer of chocolate frosting. You can use a spoon or pipe the frosting to do this. Continue making layers of cupcake and frosting until you are satisfied, and serve!