This Willy Wonka inspired theme is definitely for the candy lovers out there! Throw a party like this for your kids and you may just win mom or dad of the year!
This kind of party definitely takes some thought and planning time, but that could be half the fun!
Here are a few place setting ideas based on the movie characters Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, and Violet Beauregarde (don't worry, I can't pronounce it either!): Note: For all characters use fun, colorful plates and flatware.
We love these Smarty plates:
How To Create: Augustus Gloop Place Setting
- Fill a bowl with chocolate pudding and place it on top of a plate
- Choose any thin chocolate bars or wafers, unwrap them, and put them in the bowl of pudding so that the ends stick out
- Cover the room on the plate around the bowl with unwrapped chocolates, such as Hershey's Kisses and Rolos
- Fill the glass next to this plate with chocolate milk
- Cover the plate with salt
- Place either a plastic gold egg or chocolate eggs in gold wrappers on top
- Fill a glass with milk to put by this plate
- If you want, you can add a mini balance scale with a taped on sign that says "Good/Bad"
- Put a bowl of blueberries on the plate
- Cover the area around the bowl with individually wrapped gum
- Fill the glass next to this plate with multi-colored mini gum balls
- Place a white pedestal in the center of the table
- Put a clear plastic bowl packed with candy on top
- Hang a Willy Wonka colorful hat on one of the pedestal's corners
- Use icing to write the name of the character on a chocolate bar, then put it on the corresponding plate
- Print pictures of Willy Wonka movie scenes and put them in colorful frames on the tables
- Scatter miscellaneous candies by each person's plate