Fake Ginger. Thank you Amanda!
- 1 can (6 ounces) Lindsay ripe black olives (drained)
- 2 ounces Roquefort (or other type of type)
- cup flour
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- about 2 cups of oil, for frying
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a heavy, tall-sided pot.
- While the oil gets hot, stuff the olives with some Roquefort. (If you are using a hard cheese such as Cheddar, cut small pieces that will fit inside the olives.)
- Coat the olives in flour (a few at a time), dip them in the whisked egg, and then coat them in the panko breadcrumbs. Once the oil is hot, drop the olives into the pot. Fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Flip and fry another 2 minutes. Drain on a paper towel lined plate before serving.