MINI Summer Appetizers Packed With BIG Flavor
Bite-Sized Curry Shrimp Canapes Recipe
Warm weather calls for fresh flavors. That’s the inspiration behind these summer appetizers.
Whether you’re throwing a bridal shower, a birthday party, a back to school bash, or a summer cocktail party, you should definitely invite these bite-size appetizers to the party and be the most popular summer party host on the block! Bite-sized curry shrimp canapes are both easy to make and easy to eat with a presentation that gives them a great wow-factor. They can be quickly and easily mass-produced for a large party or just a few special guests. And don’t forget to whip up a few delicious cocktails (Summer is Cooler with Cocktails!) to spice things up as well. No need to stress, party prep should be fun! You’ve got this hostessing thing on lock.
Warning - some assembly required! Ready to test this recipe out? Read on!
- 1/2 (4 oz) block of cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon curry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 20 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 large cucumber
- 1 bundle of fresh cilantro
For the cream cheese spread:
- Mash together the butter, cream cheese, curry powder, and salt until it's all mixed up nicely.
For your canapes:
- Heat the canola oil in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Season the shrimp with salt and sear in the pan until they're just turning pink, about 30 seconds on each side.
- Remove them from the pan - and if you feel like making your shrimp go further (serving a large crowd) cut each one in half horizontally. But if you're in a hurry, you can serve the whole shrimp.
- Lay the white bread slices on a baking sheet and lightly toast at 350 degrees (just a few minutes should do it). When they're done, let them cool and then spread each slice with the cream cheese mix on one side.
- Trim the ends of your cucumber and thinly slice it lengthwise. Lay two slices side-by-side on each bread slice and trim the ends to fit. Then top each quadrant with cilantro and a shrimp.
- Using a sharp kitchen knife, slice into 4 individual canapes, trimming the crust as you go.
- Serve on individual mini dishes or a large appetizer serving tray.
Complementary Smarty Products:
|2.25" White Square Plastic Mini Trays||White Plastic Serving Trays||5" Green Rectangular Tiny Plastic Tensils||2.75" Green Plastic Disposable Torte|
Get our centerpiece look, shrimp appetizer recipe and tablescape here:
|DIY Conch Shell Centerpiece||Cheese Ball Pops Recipe||Brand Spankin' New: ContemPlate|