Cheese Ball Pops
Tailgating time is here, Smarties! Try this cheese ball pops recipe for a tailgate-style take on the beloved cheese ball appetizer. Cheese ball pops make for a cute display and an easy-to-grab eat. If you're trying to please ALL of your tailgater guests, this recipe is for you. Let's face it, you can never go wrong with cheese!
What you need:
- 1 package cream cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 package of slice almonds (about 2 oz.)
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup finely chopped dates
- 1 brandy (optional)
- cake pop sticks (up to 24 depending on how big you make your pops)
Mix the cream cheese, butter, cheddar cheese and brandy in a bowl. Add in the chopped dates and bacon. Shape mixture into about 1 in. diameter balls. Roll balls in sliced almonds, cover and refrigerate until firm (2 hours). Insert cake pop stick into each cheese ball and serve on your favorite Smarty Party plates.