12 Easy Eco-Friendly Party Tips
So many companies are trying to be ecologically minded these days when they put on an event. They want to leave as small of a footprint as possible. Some things that you can consider doing for your next event are:
- Use palm leaf dinnerware, they are a renewable resource that are also recyclable and compostable.
- Use cloth tablecloths and napkins that can be washed and reused or donated.
- Use refillable condiment bottles at buffet stations instead of disposable single serving packets.
- Give refillable water bottles to all your attendees and then have water cooler stations around the area for refilling (good for meetings and product shows) instead of single use plastic water bottles or Styrofoam cups.
- Standard lights can be changed out for florescent bulbs.
- The menu can include locally grown and produced meat, produce and cheese. All seafood selected can be from sustainably farmed sources. Leftover edible food can be donated to local food banks. All cooking oil used can be recycled.
- Provide reusable recycling bins for plastic, aluminum, bottles, and paper to be collected for recycling throughout event
- Organic waste can be collected for composting.
- Corks can be recycled.
- All tickets, schedules, invitations and RSVPs can be electronic, eliminating the printing of invitations and envelopes. Most paper products (envelopes, letterhead, posters, etc.) can be printed on paper containing 50-100% post-consumer recycled content.
- Most furniture/set pieces can be rentals and reusable.
- Encourage carpooling, ride sharing, or provide buses and vans for transportation from one venue to another to cut down on the use of multiple vehicles.
Love the Earth and it will love us back!