Glitter Desserts[/caption] Shown above is a great way to display your finished desserts. The tray with tasting forks can be found at http://budurl.com/trioforkandtray Edible glitter can be purchased on many online retail sites, including the two listed below: http://www.sugarcraft.com/catalog/flowers/glitter.htm http://www.countrykitchensa.com/shop/food-items/edible-glitter/46/624/1521/ Enjoy! And make sure to post pictures of your creations on the Smarty Facebook page! xo Esther *Product shown was created by Bedazzle My Bonbons. Bedazzle My Bonbons FAQ: What is the bedazzled coating made of? The coating is a combination of sanding sugars and food coloring, that has absolutely no texture or taste to it and is completely safe for all ages. The main ingredient in our product is starch based (similar to gum arabic), however, it is truly the PROCESS, and not the product used that creates the "Bedazzled" effect...and that is our trade secret!
- Colin Cowie, a famous event planner that celebrities turn to whenever they have a special occasion, made a cute centerpiece using a clear bucket, filled it with Sweethearts about a third of the way up, then added a pillar candle in the center. What a nice idea for a family table with small children in the house!
- To make a romantic champagne bucket, Cowie used a large plastic bucket, filled it half-way with ice then added some light cubes before adding a bottle of champagne. He used traditional red, but depending on your floral arrangement color, you may want to use pink, purple or a combination of all three colors instead.
- Cheesecake pops are all the rage right now. They basically are small cheesecakes on a stick (like a lollipop) in a variety of flavors with different toppings. Put them in a holding tray like Smarty’s Red Heart Platter Pleasers Plastic Trays for a nice presentation. This is a much better idea for Valentine's party than serving one or two types of cake.
- Floral displays of various heights using mounds of flowers in shades of purple, pinks, and rosy reds. The rest of the table was white except for the napkins, whose color matched the flowers folded neatly on the plates using a pretty napkin ring.
- If you’re having a romantic evening, why not try some Latin music to stir the imagination. My favorite Latin music consists of Spanish guitarists, which is a lot less dramatic sounding than other Latin music and yet has a timeless quality to it. (My favorite Spanish guitarist is Alex Fox from south Florida if you need a recommendation!)
- If having a meal with a loved one, why not try seafood paella with homemade sangria? The spiciness in the dish just may add a little spice to the night!
- American League Fans: New England Patriots colors are red, white, and blue. You could use flags and white plates, which would work well since the Patriots have white in their colors. You could get napkins in red and blue (since they are so cheap through Smarty).
- National League Fans: New York Giants colors are also red, white, and blue.
- Madonna Fans: 80’s memorabilia, Madonna’s songs and 80’s music. High fashion material girl meets tough guy football player or (pink and pigskin?), think feather boas, diamond looking beads (you could find these at a craft store), pink satin wrapped around a black medal dress form as a centerpiece.
It's happened to all of us - you're fastidiously putting together a guest list for your upcoming dinner party, when all of a sudden you realize you've invited way too many people.
Sweet, chic, and interesting too. Never easier to DO-IT-YOURSELF. Bon apetit!