How To: Tabletop Ribbon Decor
To recreate this weaved ribbon look, you’ll need 4 different colored ribbons, 2 colors 1-1.5’’ thick and 2 colors 3/8’’ thick. We recommend glitter ribbon, but any kind will work, like this pretty navy blue organza ribbon.
- Cut 4 sections of ribbon measuring the length of your table the long and 4 the short way, adding 4-6 inches to let hang off the table
- Lay each set of 4 ribbon strands flat across the middle of the table, each in the direction they were cut to fit
- At the point of intersection, weave the ribbons to make a criss-crossed pattern
How To: Ribbon Belt Place Cards
2. Using a craft knife, cut a slit into card stock, about 1" from the edge. The slit should measure about 1" long.
3. Cut the ribbon into an 11" length.
4. Cut the ends of the ribbon to create an angled edge.
5. Slide the ribbon ends through the slits in the card from the back and adjust the spacing according the the napkin you will be using.
6. Fold the ends of the ribbon back away from the card and press down with your fingers. If the ribbon doesn't lay flat, use a piece of double-sided tape under each tail to secure. 7. Slide the napkins into the ribbon loops.
Get the look here:
Baroque White Dinner Plates Baroque White Salad Plates Baroque Flatware Gold Satin Dinner Napkins 5 oz Sovereign Plastic Champagne Flutes 10 oz Clear Plastic Drinking Glasses Silver Taffeta Crinkle Runner, sequined balls, and glitter snowflakes can be found at Michaels. When writing your New Year's resolution, don't forget to add sharing your photos with us on the Smarty Facebook page.