An Awesome Summer Cocktail Party
Sit back, relax, and enjoy summertime sipping with friends and family. Host a summer cocktail party! Alongside your signature cocktails, serve mini appetizers like Stuffed mushrooms or Caprese bites. Here are three of our favorite summer cocktail recipes definitely worth a sip (or two)!
Watermelon Tequila Cocktail
What you need: serves 8
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 8 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 3/4 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves, plus sprigs for garnish
- 1 1/4 cups silver tequila
- Simmer water in a small saucepan with the sugar and stir over moderate heat until the sugar is dissolved. Let the sugar syrup cool.
- Puree watermelon in a blender until smooth. Strain watermelon juice and discard pulp.
- Combine sugar syrup with the lime juice, blueberries, and mint leaves in a pitcher. Lightly muddle blueberries and mint. Add the watermelon juice and tequila. Refrigerate until chilled.
- Pour cocktail into ice-filled glasses. Garnish with the mint sprigs.
The Clint Eastwood
What you need: serves 1
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon
- 3/4 oz sweet vermouth
- 2 dashes orange bitters
- 2 cherries, for garnish
- Combine bourbon, vermouth, and bitters in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake and strain into a rocks glass; garnish with cherries.
Rum-Spiked Ginger Beer Cocktails
What you need: serves 16
- In a pitcher, combine 6 ounces dark rum and 1/4 cup fresh lime juice; refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, place 1/2 cup sugar in a shallow bowl and 2 tablespoons lime juice in a saucer.
- Sugar the rims of each glass by dipping them first in the lime juice, then in the sugar. Refrigerate glasses.
- Add two and a half 12-ounce bottles chilled ginger beer to the chilled rum-lime mixture and divide among the prepared glasses.
What's your favorite way to celebrate summer? Much Party Love, Smarties!