The perfect bite-size combination of smooth cheese, flavorful salmon, and fresh tomato that is delicious, nutrient-dense, and ultra-low-carb - this recipe is an excellent snack for an unforgettable party.
Made with wholesome and straightforward ingredients, this is an essential recipe to have on-hand for your celebrations and other events! Dip these into ketchup or spicy mayo, and you have the perfect snack for an unforgettable party.
- 1 pound skinless salmon fillet Olive oil, for drizzling kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 minced serrano pepper (adjust according to preferance)
- 1 cup Italian flavored bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Cubed tomato, feta cheese and wooden skewers for final assembly
- Drizzle the salmon with olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste. Broil in the oven until the flesh is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork, about 8 to 10 minutes. Set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into 1/2-inch pieces and put into a medium bowl. Add the egg, chives, parsley, serrano pepper, bread crumbs, peas, mustard, mayonnaise, capers, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Mix gently until just combined. Form the mixture into bite-size balls. (If the mixture is too dry, add extra mayonnaise, 1 tablespoon at a time.) Place poppers on a greased baking sheet and cook until golden and crispy, about 20 minutes. Arrange a piece of tomato, one piece of feta cheese, and a salmon popper on each skewer.
- Arrange on a platter alongside ketchup and spicy mayonnaise. Sprinkle with some freshly chopped chives for an extra pop of color.
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon sriracha (adjust according to preference)
- Mix together and serve in a small bowl.
Creamy Mustard Sauce:
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- -Mix together and serve in a small bowl.