Krispie Egg Nog French Toast
What a great way to combine breakfast foods. I already know I want seconds!
1/2 cup egg nog
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg splash of rum (optional)
1/2 cup Rice Krispies
2 thick slices challah bread
1 tablespoon butter maple syrup
- Mix together the eggs, egg nog, cinnamon, nutmeg, (and rum) in one bowl.
- Fill another bowl with the Rice Krispies.
- Dip the challah in the egg mixture, soaking both sides.
- Then dip the challah in the Rice Krispies, making sure to cover the bread completely.
- Butter a 9'' skillet over medium heat and grill each slice of challah until golden. This will take approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with warm maple syrup.