Bite-Sized Apple Pies
We're sure these will be all the rage when picnic weather kicks in! They're simple to make and these delicious individual apple pies can be easily carried around in a picnic basket and later handed out. Who doesn't love crisp apple pie on a nice sunny day? Eating them indoors? Add a scoop of ice-cream on the side for an ever bigger 'yum' effect!
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg refrigerated pie crust
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tart apples
1. Slice apples into 8 wedges
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, leaving 1 tbsp of the mixture to the side
3. Lay the pie crust on a lightly flowered surface. Brush it with the melted butter and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture on top
4. Cut the pie crust into 8 one-inch strips
5. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, with the sugar-covered side facing the apple
6. Place individual pies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
7. Brush tops with melted butter and cinnamon sugar that was set aside 8. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 425 degrees or until pies are golden brown. Makes 16, Best served warm.