We're sure these will be all the rage when picnic weather kicks in! They're simple to make and these delicious individual apple pies can be easily carried around in a picnic basket and later handed out. Who doesn't love crisp apple pie on a nice sunny day? Eating them indoors? Add a scoop of ice-cream on the side for an ever bigger 'yum' effect!
½ cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1 pkg refrigerated pie crust
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tart apples
1. Slice apples into 8 wedges
2. Combine the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl, leaving 1 tbsp of the mixture to the side
3. Lay the pie crust on a lightly flowered surface. Brush it with the melted butter and sprinkle the sugar and cinnamon mixture on top
4. Cut the pie crust into 8 one-inch strips
5. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, with the sugar-covered side facing the apple
6. Place individual pies on a parchment paper lined baking sheet
7. Brush tops with melted butter and cinnamon sugar that was set aside 8. Bake for 13-15 minutes at 425 degrees or until pies are golden brown. Makes 16, Best served warm.