Make an easy Asian-style appetizer by filling lettuce leaves with a spicy mixture of ground pork and topping with soy sauce. Just be sure to have plates or napkins available since the mixture can sometimes drip a little.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground or minced pork
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tamari or soy sauce
- 16 butter lettuce leaves
- 8 teaspoons plum sauce
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over high heat and add pork. Cook pork, stirring, until starting to brown. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in green onions, allspice, ginger, garlic, and tamari. Cook until green onions are tender, about 2 minutes.
- Place 2 lettuce leaves on each plate. Spoon pork mixture into leaves. Top each with 1/2 teaspoon plum sauce and cilantro.