DIY: Treasure Chest Party Favors
Here's the thing about party favors… People love them! So, after hosting that pirate themed party (or any type of party for that matter), send your guests home with mini treasure chests filled with goodies.
What you'll need:
- mini treasure chests
- chocolate coins
- blank white paper
- tea bags
- single hole puncher
How to make it:
- Buy a treasure chest for each guest.
- Cut the cardstock into short strips, approximately 2'' x ½'' (one per guest)
- On each cardstock strip, write your name and the date. You can include your guests' names too and use the boxes as place cards.
- Punch a hole in the top left corner.
- Cut the twine into approximately 3'' inch pieces. (one per box)
- Cut white paper into four even squares. Cut enough paper so that you will have one square per person.
- Burn the edges of all the paper squares either over the stove or using matches/lighter. This should be done either near or over a sink.
- Soak tea bags and run them across the pages until they are stained yellow.
- When the papers are dry, roll them up and tie them with twine. These are meant to look like little treasure maps. If you want to be extra creative, make a treasure hunt and write up a map on the papers.
- Attach one cardstock tag to each paper roll by placing one end of the twine through the hole punch. Tie a knot at the end.
- Fill the chest with chocolate coins, put the 'map' inside, and close.