DIY: Rustic Guestbook Table
We love this original vintage, rustic party theme so we decided to let you in on how to do it yourself.
- Spread burlap tablecloths over a circular table.
- Pile three thick old books in the center of the table.
- To give the books a really old feel, take large brown pieces of paper and stain them with saturated teabags (or try using a lighter or matches to slightly fray and burn the edges). Then fold the paper around your books as book covers.
- Buy large alphabet stickers to write words such as "Love," "Faith," and "Hope" along the book spines.
- Place a wired bird cage filled with a couple of stuffed birds on top of the book pile.
- Scatter miniature birdcages and little glass containers filled with egg shaped candies on the table.
- Use short brown pieces of paper to make tiny nests underneath the candies and inside the birdcage.
- For an even more embellished table, add a vase full of white flowers to the mix.
- For the finishing touches, add a gorgeous recycled paper journal with pressed flowers on the pages, some pens, and a few disposable cameras on the table for your guests to use.