DIY Floating Flower Decor
Flowers are usually the go-to for decorations and centerpieces, so I'm going to show you how you can take the flowers to the next level...literally. Here's what you'll need:
1. hanging glass globe vases (approximately 10-20) Below are three sites where you can buy them: wholesaleflowersandsupplies.com
2. one orchid/peony per vase (or any choice of flower) 3. monofilament fishing line
4. cake domes
(about 5) 5. sturdy canopy 6. table Here's how to make them:
- Attach fishing line to the hook at the top of each glass globe, leaving enough string to tie it to a canopy and still hang at your desired height.
- Put one flower in each globe.
- Hang the globes by tying them to the top of your canopy (arrange them so they do not all fall at the same height).
- Set up a table underneath the canopy.
- Place the cake domes along the table, filling some with flowers and leaving some empty.
Use the cake domes as decoration or fill them with desserts to make a remarkable dessert table. Which would you do, Smarties? Let us know on the Smarty Facebook Page