Apricot & Raspberry Frozen Mousse
3 egg yolks
3/4 cup (150 grams) sugar
1/3 cup (100 grams) apricot puree
2 cups (450 ml) heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks
1 - 1/2 cups (150 grams) raspberries
1 tablespoon sugar
1. Whip the heavy cream to soft peaks and keep it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Puree the raspberries and the sugar and set them aside.
3. Place the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in the bowl of an electric stand mixer. Place the bowl over a water bath and whip the eggs and sugar mixture for about 5 minutes until they thicken. Transfer the bowl to the mixer and continue whipping in high speed until the eggs have cooled. It will be thick. Fold in the apricot puree, followed by the soft peak cream.
4. Transfer the cream to a glass or metal baking dish or small jars. Spoon in some of the raspberry puree and make swirls through the apricot cream with a spoon or wooden skewer.
5. Transfer to the freezer and serve frozen.