When it's hot (AND muggy if you're lucky enough to experience the glamorous St. Louis summer), the last thing you want to do is slave over a hot stove or spend a lot of time in the kitchen prepping for guests. So don't. Opt for a cool and crisp salad instead! There are so many fun and flavorful combinations of fruits, greens, veggies, nuts, and cheeses to experiment with, and they're all really easy to prepare. Here are 3 summer salad recipes we think are really cool!
Watermelon, Mint and Feta Salad with Balsamic Lime Dressing
- feta cheese
- red onion
- field greens
- fresh mint
- Whisk together the dressing and set aside. Add salad ingredients in a bowl. Assemble the salad and drizzle with dressing.
Avocado Strawberry Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- baby spinach
- strawberries, hulled and sliced
- avocado, diced
- blue cheese
- sliced almonds
- Mix dressing ingredients and toss with salad.
Summer Melon and Prosciutto Salad
- cantaloupe, cut in half wedges
- mozzarella pearls
- olive oil
- fresh ground pepper
- Assemble salad ingredients. Drizzle with olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
Happy eating! Much Party Love, Smarties!