Willy Wonka Wonderland
Get ready to be transported to a place of wonder - a land where dreams come true!
Here are a few table setting ideas based on the movie characters Augustus Gloop, Veruca Salt, and Violet Beauregarde (don't worry, I can't pronounce it either!): Note: For all characters use fun, colorful plates and flatware. You can even switch off colors if you'd like.
We love these Smarty plates:
An Idea for Augustus Gloop Sweet Table
- Fill a bowl with chocolate pudding and place it on top of a plate
- Choose any thin chocolate bars or wafers, unwrap them, and put them in the bowl of pudding so that the ends stick out
- Cover the room on the plate around the bowl with unwrapped chocolates, such as Hershey's Kisses and Rolos
- Fill the glass next to this plate with chocolate milk
An Idea for Veruca Salt Sweet Table
- Cover the plate with salt
- Place either a plastic gold egg or chocolate eggs in gold wrappers on top
- Fill a glass with milk to put by this plate
- If you want, you can add a mini balance scale with a taped-on sign that says "Good/Bad"
An Idea for Violet Beauregarde Sweet Table
- Put a bowl of blueberries on the plate
- Cover the area around the bowl with individually wrapped gum
- Fill the glass next to this plate with multi-colored mini gum balls
An Idea for Willy Wonka Wonderland Centerpieces
- Place a plastic white dessert stands in the center of the table
- Put a large clear plastic bowl packed with candy on top
- Hang a Willy Wonka purple hat on one of the pedestals
- Use icing to write the name of the character on a chocolate bar, then put it on the corresponding plate
- Print pictures of Willy Wonka movie scenes and put them in colorful frames on the tables
- Scatter miscellaneous candies by each person's plate
A fabulous party like this deserves to be bragged about, so make sure to share your pictures on the Smarty Had A Party Facebook page!