Calling all cotton candy lovers because I’m about to share the cutest party idea ever! There's not a better summer treat than cotton candy, so when you combine those with cupcakes, you get one big (or in this case little) bite of AWESOME. These Cotton Candy Cupcakes are super fun, extremely delicious and adorable, and full of classic cotton candy flavor! They’re perfect for celebrations that kids (and your inner kid) will love!
Yields approximately 2 dozen mini cupcakes.
- 2 3/4 cups cake flour
- 1 2/3 cups pink vanilla cotton candy sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) softened unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 sticks
- 4 large egg whites, plus 1 whole egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cotton candy flavoring
- food coloring
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
I doubt these cupcakes will grant you wishes if you rub their bellies, though. Be warned - the cotton candy will MELT after being in the open air for a prolonged time, especially in warm/moist conditions (how do you feel about the word "moist"? I know a lot of people who hate that word.... MOIST). Serve your teacup cupcakes on a Smartyware Coral Square Plastic Dinner Plates.
Complimentary Smarty Products:
|Grape Purple Square Plastic Plates Dinnerware Value Set||7" White Wave Plastic Appetizer/Salad Plates||2 oz. White Square Plastic Mini Coffee Tea Cups||Black Plastic Disposable Spoons|
Get the centerpiece and table setting look in these related blog posts:
|Awesome Citrus Magic Centerpiece||Rethink Your Event's Tablescape - Smarty's Square Collection|