Chipotle Mango Chicken Bites
These are a hit at Superbowl Party! But after all, from a recipe name like that, you know they're gonna be good!
- 1 1/2 cups mango (peeled, pitted and chopped)
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 3/4 cup cilantro (fresh, use whole)
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breast (cut up)
- Cover chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- In food processor, combine mango, chipotle peppers, cilantro, rice wine vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, oil, and salt and pepper.
- Put chicken in a Ziplock bag along with 1/2 of the pureed mango/chipotle mixture and use your hands over the bag to smooth the sauce onto the chicken.
- Leave bag with chicken in fridge for 6 hours.
- Put remaining mango/chipotle mixture into pot and simmer over low heat for approximately 15 minutes. Stir frequently and let sauce get thick.
- Place some sauce into a Smarty Square White Serving Bowl for guests to enjoy.
- Put chicken on a grill or grill pan on medium/high heat for about 20-25 minutes
- Use the remaining sauce to baste the chicken every 5 minutes.
- Stick a in each chicken bite.
- Serve on a Smarty White Rectangular Wave Tray.
Check out our awesome Smarty Superbowl Set-Up featuring this chicken recipe here! Photo Credit: Lauren Anderson