New Smarty Cupcake Favors - DIY
When it comes to event favors, there is no better way to say “thank you” to your guests than a delicious treat. That is why these DIY Cupcake Favors are an excellent soiree sweet! Whether enjoyed while mingling with family and friends or saved for a special surprise later in the day, these DIY desserts are sure to be a hit with one and all!
- 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 spoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 spoons red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Ingredients for the cream cheese frosting:
- 1 pound cream cheese, softened
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 2 tea spoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 4 oz. Clear Mini Mason Tiny Temptations Plastic Disposable Jar
- Natural Birch Spoons
- Stickers (have to cut down a bit to make it fit the top)
- Bakers twine
- Pastry bag and decorative tips
Step 1. Batter is ready to be put in cupcake pan
Step 2. I spray the pan with pam and then fill each hole up 2/3 with the batter. Note: I do not use liners, but you could if you want, just pull them off before putting them in the jar.
Step 3. Usually, they are done after about 17 minutes in my oven at a temperature of 350℉, and I take them out and put them on a wire rack to cool completely.
Step 4. Once they are cool, I slice them in half. You will have a stack of tops and a stack of bottoms.
Step 5. Place 1 bottom in each jar.
Step 6. Put a layer of the frosting.
Step 7. Take the top of the cupcake and place it on top of the layer of frosting.
Step 8. Flatten (gently smash) the top part of the cupcake inside the jar. You want to get the top sort of flat.
Step 9. Beautifully frost the top of the cupcake.
Step 10. Cover with lids and package however you like! It will be heartbreaking to eat, as it is so pretty, but it is so yummy!