Whether you are planning a popcorn bar for a home movie with your family and friends, a backyard movie for the whole neighborhood, a party, game-day, a baby shower, or even a wedding - this fantastic Party Snack Mix is truly the tastiest, easiest, and most foolproof popcorn recipe you'll ever find! A little spicy, a little salty, and a little sweet, this is perfect the go-to snack mix!
- 3 quarts popped popcorn
- 1 cup unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 (3.5 ounces) jar macadamia nuts, halved
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 3/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine popcorn, nuts, and coconut. In a saucepan, combine the butter, sugars, corn syrup, coffee, and cinnamon. Bring to a boil over medium heat; boil and stir for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Pour over popcorn mixture and stir until coated.
- Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 250 degrees F for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread onto waxed paper; cool completely. Store in airtight containers.
This is a great recipe to make ahead of time because it keeps well when stored in an airtight container.