A Tasty Mediterranean Appetizer Recipe
Marinated Feta and Olive Skewers
Everyone considers the Mediterranean one of the most exotic places. Among other qualities, gastronomy strongly brings all those food lovers to this part of the world. Still, now we are giving you the chance to save on faraway flight thicket and bring some exotic to your home table.
Because this recipe is so simple and requires so few ingredients, it is important to choose the best quality possible. You will need:
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces feta cheese, cut into 24 (1/2-inch) cubes
- 24 (6-inch) wooden skewers
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 12 pitted green olives, halved
- 1/4 large English cucumber, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- Combine fennel seeds, orange zest and juice, and pepper in a medium bowl. Gently stir in the feta and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or up to 3 hours in the refrigerator. (Marinate overnight to save time.)
- To assemble: Place 1 mint leaf on a skewer, about 3/4 inch up; add 1 olive half and 1 cucumber chunk. Place 1 cube of feta on the end. These can be made several hours in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Elegant appetizers don't have to be fussy! And this recipe is wonderful because it can be made ahead of time for easy entertaining. Therefore, whether you're a food novice or an expert, this appetizer is perfect to whip up in a flash!