Get your dinner party off to a scrumptious start with Butternut Squash Soup Shooters! While your guests are waiting for the big dinner, hold them over with this sweet and savory starter. Squash Soup Shooters make a great fall party appetizer, and Smarty has the perfect way to serve them that allows you to focus your efforts on the more important details -- like all those pies. ;)
What you need:
- 2 large roasted butternut squash
- 1 pint half and half
- 2 Tbsp oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken, turkey, or vegetable stock
- sour cream garnish
- squash or pumpkin seeds for garnish
- Cut the squash in half.
- Lightly coat squash with oil, salt, and pepper.
- Roast squash for 1 hour or until tender
- Scoop out the squash, put it into a blender with half and half and stock.
- Blend well, and pour into a pot on medium heat.
- Brown butter in a small pan.
- Add browned butter, oil, salt, and pepper, and stir.
- Cook on low for a few minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream and squash or pumpkin seeds.
Smarty Party Tip:
Soup can be served hot or cold.
Suggested Smarty Products:
Party on, Smarties! With love Smarty had a Party!