Say Goodbye to your winter blues: The holidays have whisked on by! Their fleeting frenzy has given way to snow and cold winter days, and we’re left seeking new adventures. Well who said the warmth and exciting parties have to stop? And who says we have to freeze and keep trudging around the icy gloom? We don't! Because I have got just the cure: throw a summer party in the middle of the winter! This will help ease our seasonal depression symptoms (plus it costs a whole lot less than flying out to Miami). It's going to be refreshing. I've already done it, and I'm still benefiting from all the sun I soaked up. I'm pumped with energy and filled with sunshine, and now you can be too! This is how it will all go down:
- Turn those heaters up!
- Strip down to your bathing suits
- Set up some strong bright lights all over the party room and some mirrors to reflect the bright lights all over the room
- Have all your guests apply suntan lotion when they arrive (that scent will really bring you back to those good ol'e warm beach days)
- Hand out sunglasses to all the guests to wear
- Blast some summer tunes or jam to some on a guitar
- Hang up big bright yellow backdrops to resemble the sun
- Dine in picnic style!
- Spread a summery/beachy tablecloth out on the floor.
- Put down some beach towels to sit on or roll them up and place them in a picnic basket on the side for decor.
- Place the suntan lotion bottles on the tablecloth along with some sunglasses.
- Get some beach pails to hold some party snacks like chips.
- Go to the dollar store to find some more summery or beachy accents (I bought most of this stuff from there or found them around the house).
- Fresh cutup fruit on skewers or on a serving platter.
- Hamburger Sliders
- Fries and ketchup
- Spiked Snow Cones (or leave out the alcohol if there will be kids around)