Decorative Napkin Fold Tutorial
Napkins and cutlery are an indispensable part of every festive table. But just like cutlery, they often go unnoticed unless you've bought napkins with fun or exciting patterns. Then the main topic at the table is two minutes.
So if this time you want to show your guests how much effort you put into preparing food and setting the table, be creative and create an exciting decoration from napkins in just a few minutes.
By simply folding a napkin, you can get a completely different decoration with each piece of cutlery, and most importantly - you will have fun, so feel free to invite your little one to help.
But before we share some ideas for folding napkins, we want to give you some tips.
How to Choose the Correct Napkins?
To begin with, you should choose suitable napkins because the design of the napkins depends on the material of the napkin, its size, and shape.
Cloth napkins will be easier to shape than paper napkins and will also fit better with the table's elegant look.
But don't give up paper napkins either. They are a little more demanding to shape, but if they are of good quality, they will fit on the table you decorated for Sunday lunch or a family party.
Likewise, it is best if the napkins are square, but you can also use rectangular napkins if necessary.
And when it comes to color and patterns, the sky is the limit. Red, colorful, blue, white. Just choose your favorite color.
I think I caught it... spring fever. If you're inspired by spring colors and ready to design bright events, then you've caught it, too. While waiting for spring's full bloom outside, bring flowers and vibrant colors to your tablescapes with this bold and brilliant napkin fold. A beautiful napkin quickly adds style and elegance to any setting, and the blooming bouquet fold I'm about to show you is so easy!
You don't need anything fancy to get started — just a few napkins and these easy step-by-step instructions. Follow our tutorial, and you'll have stunning place settings in no time at all.
Impress Your Guests Before They Even Start Their Meal
I think I caught spring fever. If you're inspired by spring colors and ready to design bright events, then you've seen it, too. While waiting for spring's full bloom outside, bring flowers and vibrant colors to your tablescapes with this bold and brilliant napkin fold. A beautiful napkin quickly adds style and elegance to any setting, and the blooming bouquet fold I'm about to show you is so easy!
You don't need anything fancy to start — just a few napkins and these easy step-by-step instructions. Follow our tutorial, and you'll have stunning place settings in no time at all.
Here's what you need:
- Dinner napkins. We used our beautiful Fresh Lime Green.
- Ribbon. We used light pink.
- Flowers. We used artificial floral stems from our local hobby store. Fresh flowers work great in this fold, too.
- Step 1: Fold the napkin in half and find the middle point on the fold.
- Step 2-6: Roll the napkin from right to left to make a cone shape.
- Step 7-8: Cut a 30-inch ribbon and tie it around a napkin. Tuck flower inside.
Congratulations, you have successfully folded your plain and ordinary napkin into a Decorative Blooming Bouquet! Now show your newfound napkin folding skills to your friends and family at your next party or get-together. Unexpected and exciting, this napkin fold tutorial will impress all of your guests, no doubt about it. The only problem: They might find it too beautiful to unfold.
Additional Napkin Fold Party Ideas
Wavy Napkin: Simple Decoration for Any Occasion
- Spread the napkin and fold it in half.
- Next, fold the left half of the napkin to the middle so that the edge remains rounded.
- Next, fold the right half in the same way.
- Connect the resulting rings (cones) and place the napkin in a horizontal or horizontal position.
Crown: for Royal Elegance
- Spread the napkin and place it diagonally. Fold it to form a triangle, then fold the napkin's bottom right and left edges towards the top.
- Fold the lower part of the napkin back.
- Fold the right and left edges towards the middle of the napkin, but backward. Tuck the edges into the space inside the napkin.
- Fold them over so that the edges remain rounded.
- Speed horn: for an environment that everyone will enjoy
- Unroll and spread the napkin.
- Fold it in half so that you get the shape of a rectangle.
- Fold the upper left corner of the napkin towards the middle, carefully rolling until the opposite corners meet.
- When you are done, turn the lower right corner into a triangle by folding the "excess" napkin upwards.
- After turning the cone, your cone is ready to use.
Peacock: a Little Effort for a Significant Effect
- Spread the napkin and fold it in half (into a rectangle).
- Start folding the right side like an accordion to the middle of the napkin.
- Turn the napkin so that the folds are facing down and the flat part is facing up. Then, fold the flat part of the napkin in the middle together with the folds.
- Fold the upper corner of the flat part of the napkin diagonally towards the lower left edge (to the beginning of the crease).
- Fold the lower part of the "excess" napkin so that the napkin can stand flat.
- Open the folds and place the napkin on the table.
Double Cone: The Perfect Addition to the Festive Table
Place the napkin so that the outer edges of the napkin are on the left side. Then, fold the lower corner of the upper layer of the napkin diagonally towards the upper right corner.
The edge should remain rounded. You now have one cone.
Fold the second layer of the napkin in the same way as the first layer.
Fold the third layer of the napkin in the same way as the first layer.
Fold the last layer to the back.
Connect the edges.
Small Pocket: The Perfect Place for Cutlery
- Place the napkin, so the outer edges are in the upper right corner. Fold the first layer diagonally 4- times.
- Now fold the second layer of the napkin so that the strips overlap.
- Fold 1/4 of the left and right sides to the back.
- Place the napkin on the table and place the cutlery on it.
Complementary Smarty Products:
|Baroque Silver Cutlery Plastic Silverware Set||Fresh Lime Green Paper Dinner Napkins||White with Silver Glitter Rim Plastic Dinner Plates||16 oz. Clear Tall Plastic Ice Tea Tumblers|
For more spring inspiration follow our favorite ideas on Pinterest!