Hot Chocolate Spoons
Your hot cocoa’s best friend is the chocolate covered ‘Hot Chocolate Spoon’, and for good reason too! Chocolate has never tasted more chocolaty than with these marvelous, melting, mouth-watering stirrers. Enhance your hot cocoa with this genius creation and take your hot cocoa to the ultimate chocolate level. Happy stirring <3 !
What you need:
- Plastic spoons
- Chocolate for melting
- Vegetable oil
- Mini plastic dishes to hold all the decorative toppings
- Lots of toppings (Sprinkles, mini candies, crushed peppermint candies, nuts, marshmallows - get creative!)
- Icing for sticking toppings to the stem of the spoon or for decorating
- Wax paper
1. Before you start, make sure to have all your toppings separated into their own containers, and be sure to have mini plastic spoons set out, so they’re handy. You’ll need to work quickly once the chocolate is melted.
2. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute (or according to package directions). Remove and stir. Then continue to heat it in the microwave for 20 second intervals until melted.
3. Add about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil to thin the chocolate a bit.
4. Once your chocolate is melted, dip your spoon into the bowl. You’ll need to stir it around and turn it over to make sure you've got it all covered in chocolate. Then set the spoon onto a plate covered in wax paper.
6. Place the plates of decorated plastic spoons in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes so the chocolate can harden.
7. Once hardened, take the spoons out and stir into your hot chocolate!