Grilled Sirloin Skewers with Peaches and Peppers
Kebabs are perfect party fare. Whether you organize a backyard barbeque, birthday party or just a casual gathering, this simple, yet excellent and flavorful kebab recipe is sure to impress all your guests. The spices on the meat really make it lively, and topping it with the sauce (which is very similar to a family recipe for chimichurri) was a great contrast to the smoky cumin.
Yield: 8 servings (serving size: 2 kebabs)
Ingredients for kebabs:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cracked black pepper
- 2 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 pounds boneless sirloin steak, cut into 48 (1-inch) pieces
- 4 peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 small red onions, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, each cut into 8 (1-inch) pieces
- Cooking spray
Ingredients for sauce:
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Prepare grill.
- To prepare kebabs, combine first 7 ingredients; toss well. Thread 3 steak pieces, 2 peach wedges, 1 onion wedge, and 1 bell pepper piece alternately onto each of 16 (12-inch) skewers. Place kebabs on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes or until tender, turning occasionally. Place kebabs on a platter; cover loosely with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- To prepare sauce, combine chopped parsley and next 5 ingredients (chopped parsley through garlic), stirring with a whisk. Spoon over kebabs. Garnish with parsley sprigs, if desired.
Calories: 217 (30% from fat); Fat: 7.2g (sat 2.4g,mono 3g,poly 0.4g); Protein: 25.5g; Carbohydrate: 12.4g; Fiber: 3.2g; Cholesterol: 69mg; Iron: 3.8mg; Sodium: 768mg; Calcium: 38mg;
These delicious kebabs can be prepped ahead for easy summer entertaining.
Party on, Smarties! With love Smarty had a Party!