Fruit always adds the perfect amount of sweetness to any dish. Check out this amazing Cranberry and Raisin Cornbread.
- 1 ⅓ cups flour
- ⅔ cup yellow cornmeal
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ½ cup raisins (cut up)
- ½ cup dried cranberries (cut up)
- Mix the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter, eggs, and buttermilk.
- Add the contents of the second bowl to the first and stir until smooth.
- Fold in raisins and cranberries.
- Pour the mixture on a heated skillet for ten minutes and then place in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375 F, until pale golden in color. Eat when cool.