French Toast Kebabs
It's French, it's Middle Eastern, it's breakfast, and, most of all, it's the perfect & most delicious dish to compliment a Cozy Hot Cocoa Party ! Let's get skewing, Smarties!
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf (one-pound) unsliced dense white bread (such as pullman), crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries or blackberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries or Strawberries
- Maple or chocolate syrup (optional)
- Confectionery sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Place a rimmed baking sheet in the oven to warm. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla. Stir in bread.
- In a large saute pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until browned on all sides. To keep warm, transfer to the oven. Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.
- Thread bread cubes onto bamboo skewers alternating with blueberries, raspberries/strawberries slices. Serve immediately with maple or chocolate syrup and confectionery sugar, if desired.
Yummy cuteness, I know! Serve these scrumptious toasty kebabs at a ' Cozy Hot Cocoa Party'. Compliment this warm & chocolaty theme with 'Hot Chocolate Spoons' -the perfect & most delicious tasting buddy for your Hot Cocoa.