Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Yield: 4 Servings Cost per Serving: $2.93
- 12 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 6 ripe plum tomatoes, seeded and cut in 1/4-inch dice
- 12 ounces cooked boneless chicken, torn in pieces (3 cups)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 (4 to 5 oz.) log fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add spaghetti and cook according to package directions, stirring often, until al dente. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cooking liquid from pasta. Drain spaghetti in a colander and reserve.
- Heat oil over medium heat in the same pot. Add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Return pasta to the pot along with tomato, chicken, and pasta liquid. Toss well and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer pasta to plates. Sprinkle with basil, dot with crumbled goat cheese and serve immediately.
Calories: 642, Fat: 21g (sat 7g), Protein: 42g, Carbohydrate: 70g, Fiber: 4g, Cholesterol: 89mg, Sodium: 480mg