I’ve compiled a few last minute, unique and easy Valentine’s Day decorating ideas to share with you:
- Colin Cowie, famous event planner that celebrities turn to whenever they have a special occasion, made a cute centerpiece using a clear tallvase, filled it with Sweethearts about a third of the way up, then added a pillar candle in the center. What a nice idea for a family table with small children in the house!
- To make a romantic champagne bucket, Cowie used a large glass vase, filled it half way with ice then added some light cubes before adding a bottle of champagne. He used traditional red, but depending on your floral arrangement color, you may want to use pink, purple or a combination of all three colors instead.
- Cheesecake pops are all the rage right now. They basically are small cheesecakes on a stick (like a lollipop) in a variety of flavors with different toppings. Put them in a holding tray like Smarty’s 18 Stemmed Blossom Display for a nice presentation. This is a great idea for a party instead of serving one or two types of cake.
- Floral displays of various heights using mounds of flowers in shades of purple, pinks, and rosy reds. The rest of the table was white except for the napkins, whose color matched the flowers folded neatly on the plates using a pretty napkin ring.
- If you’re having a romantic evening, why not try some Latin music to stir the imagination. My favorite Latin music consists of Spanish guitarists, which is a lot less dramatic sounding than other Latin music and yet has a timeless quality to it. (My favorite Spanish guitarist is Alex Fox from south Florida if you need a recommendation!)
- If having a meal with a loved one, why not try seafood paella with homemade sangria? The spiciness in the dish just may add a little spice to the night!
Have a lovely Valentine’s Day!